When I first began following a ketogenic lifestyle I thought that baking my favorite treats would be lost to me. Boy, was I ever wrong! I’m still making plenty of my favortie recipes, they’ve just been adapted to be low carb and keto friendly. I find that I am most successful on keto, especially during the holidays, when I have a few of these goodies saved in the freezer for whenever my sweet tooth strikes. Today I am sharing some of my favorite keto baking recipes…
The trick to keto baking is finding alternatives to sugar and flour that still have the right consistency and delicious flavour. I have experimented with a variety of low carb substitutes and here are a few of my favorites.
- Almond flour is my personal favorite for consistency and flavour. I like to purchase the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco.
- Coconut flour can sometimes be crumbly in my experience but good in combination with almond flour. I like the Red Mill brand.
- Rice flour is my least favorite in terms of consistency but a great alternative for those who may have allergies.
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit extract is made from Monk fruit, this is another great alternative that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
Grab more of our favorite low carb recipes…