Do you have that one recipe that you make ALL time? You know, a family staple, one that the kids request over and over again? For us it’s these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. The boys luuuuv them! They eat them for breakfast or throw them in their lunches or save them for an after school snack. I try to put a batch in the oven every week.
- 1¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add bananas and chocolate chips.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
This recipe will make 12 large muffins. I sometimes use my mini muffin pan which yeilds 24 small muffins – these are especially great for lunch snack packing! Having more muffins also helps to stretch out the length of time in which they get gobbled up by the kiddos *wink*.
So what is your go to recipe for the family? Please share!