One of my favorite flavour combinations is cheese and buffalo… anything. Seriously, if the recipe calls for hot sauce and cheese, sign me up! This Buffalo Cauliflower Bake recipe has been a fantastic addition to our meal planning. It is especially perfect to make and take for camping. Let me show ya…
I can almost taste the spicy, cheesy goodness now! I love that this is something that you could make at home OR take camping and wow your family with your outdoor cooking skills. Throwing these ingredients all together and creating a tinfoil packet makes for easy cooking and clean up!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
How to make this buffalo cauliflower bake:
All you need are these four simple ingredients: cauliflower, Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, original cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
Toss everything into a large freezer bag for easy meal preparation. Store this in the freezer for whenever you are ready to cook it. For quicker cooking time, steam the cauliflower and allow it to cool prior to adding to the bag.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags (aff link). Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking or dump onto a skillet.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
You could also add cooked chicken breast to this packet for and easy “one pan” dump meal full of protein! I often serve this as a side with steaks or smokies cooked on the bar-be-cue.