This Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is one of our most requested recipes for camping. It is SO EASY to make and is the perfect, hearty meal for the entire family! With just a bit of preparation you can have an amazing camping meal for your next trip.
- 1 large loaf of french bread
- 1/4 cup garlic butter
- 2 cups cooked, sliced onion and pepper mixture
- 600g sliced roast beef
- 500g provolone cheese, sliced
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare onion and pepper mixture at home. Saute with 2 Tbsp butter and 1/4 cup oyster sauce. Pack in a container to take camping.
- Start by cutting slices into the bread about 1.5 inches apart and not all the way through to the bottom. Butter the insides of each slice.
- Drop a large scoop of the pepper mixture into each cut.
- Stuff with roast beef and cheese.
- Wrap in foil and place near the campfire coals to heat through until melty and golden.
- Slice the loaf into "sandwich" servings, cutting the bread all the way through, between your 1.5 inch slices from earlier.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 1737mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 42g