How to make camping breakfast burritos:
More tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
- 1 lb ground, italian sausage
- Medium onion, diced
- Green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 28 large tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook until onion is opaque.
- Next mix the eggs with milk and scramble.
- Combine the egg and sausage mixture.
- Add cheese and stir in until melted.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the egg filling onto each tortilla and wrap it into a burrito.
- Warm the burrito over the campfire or BBQ to heat up when camping.