Hello friends! This is easily one of my most well loved recipes. Total bonus points that it is keto and low carb compliant! I always add this Coconut Curry Chicken to my monthly meal planning and preparations.
This recipe is very similar in flavour to my Curry Chicken in a skillet recipe only this one is made in a crockpot. I love crockpot meals for busy weekdays when the kids and I are often travelling in opposite directions and need a quick meal. This can easy be adapted for the Instant Pot too, just follow the directions below.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Taste of Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Adjust the amount of red curry in the recipe to suit your families taste. More curry will make this dish spicier. And don’t be afraid to add the fish sauce! It adds a flavour profile that takes this recipe to a whole new level. I like to serve this over steamed cauliflower rice for a completely keto friendly meal however traditional white rice works great too!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 12 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp basil
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook 8 hours on low or 6 hours on medium.