Omergosh you guys! All of my favorite ingredients are all together in this one delicious crockpot recipe. Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Meatballs?! I mean, I think that all of my keto recipe dreams have come true. If you’re looking for the perfect addition to your meal planning menu, I am sharing the recipe and ingredients below…
I have shared plenty of crockpot freezer meals in the past, like these 12 Crockpot Freezer Meals. They are my go-to meals for menu planning and feeding the entire family. Now that I have found and follow a ketogenic lifestyle (read all about my Keto Journey here) I have adapted many of our favorite meals to be lower carb but have also been busy creating new ones. These bacon & mushroom meatballs have turned out to be a winner for those who are following keto. They also happen to be amazingly delicious for everyone, even if you are not searching for lower carbs.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Tasteof Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
We like to serve these meatballs on spiralized zucchini noodles or steamed cauliflower rice for a completely keto friendly meal. They would also be great paired with mashed potatoes or white rice. #nomnom
- 1 lb ground turkey meatballs (or frozen pre cooked meatballs)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup real bacon bits
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.