Hello friends! Winter is one of my favorite times of year for picking up the crochet supplies and kicking off the season with a new crochet project or two. Today I am sharing 20+ Easy Crochet Projects that any crochet beginner could create! If you need a crochet refresher course be sure to grab my Learn To Crochet eBook for step by step visuals.
Crochet is the perfect take along hobby!
My boys always have a request or two that they would like me to make. This year is no different as Cameron just informed me this morning that he would like a Baby Yoda amigurumi pretty please. Wish me luck on that one, amigurumi are not my forte, I prefer bigger projects that work up fast so that I can see my progress quickly. Tiny crochet stitches can be difficult to see and work with as a beginner. Someone who is a master at making crochet dolls and amigurumi?! My 92 year old grandma… she blows my mind with her teeny tiny amigurumi crochet skills.
Crochet tips for beginners:
- Chose a project that is straight forward and simple to start. Like this Crochet Headband project.
- Use common stitches that are easy to learn like double crochet or single crochet.
- Chose to use large chunky yarn like this Chunky Bernat Yarn (aff link) with a large crochet hook (aff link). This makes seeing your stitches easier and your project work up faster.
- Grab a quick refresher course with great visuals like those in my Learn to Crochet eBook.
- Chose a smaller project that you can finish in a timely fashion. Crocheting an entire blanket can be a great goal but it’s a daunting task to finish!