Oh my gosh you guys! You have got to try this Greek Chicken Skewer camping recipe, it is a huge hit with my family. I seriously cannot make these skewers fast enough before they disappear straight off of the grill! The combination of ingredients in the marinade are to. die. for.
I have called this a camping recipe but of course it’s perfect for making at home and grilling on the bar-be-cue. We are often escaping into the great outdoors and eat a lot of meals in the woods lol. So I love to prepare this recipe at home and pack it into our cooler for camping!
Start by cutting the chicken, pepper and red onion into cubes.
Alternate the skewers with chicken, pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes.
Once the skewers are made cover them with a greek marinade for at least an hour. This marinade is my absolute favorite:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
If you’re saving this recipe for later simply store the skewers in a freezer safe bag and pour the marinade over top.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking or onto bar-b-cue.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Serving Size: 2 skewers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 210mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 54g
Yes, these Greek Chicken Skewers take a little bit of prep work but I promise, they are so worth it!!