This grilled pineapple chicken recipe is absolutely delicious! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! We’ve already started our camping season and I have been on the lookout for fabulous new dishes to try. Add this yummy grilled chicken recipe to your list as it is sure to become a favorite and one that you will want to pack on your next camping trip!
I absolutely love tinfoil packet meals because they make clean up while in the great outdoors a breeze! But this grilled chicken recipe can totally be made at home too. All you need is a grill and you’ve got a super tasty meal for any night of the week!
When preparing this dish you can choose to layer the chicken on top of one pineapple skin or sandwich it between two, depending on how much pineapple you have.
How to make this grilled pineapple chicken recipe:
For this recipe you only need four ingredients, chicken breast, coconut milk, fresh pineapple and red curry paste. All of the prep work can be done at home before you even leave on your trip!
Simply prepare the chicken as directed and combine with coconut milk and curry in a large ziploc bag. Marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. You can even freeze this meal and save it for using later, just defrost it the night before use.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags (aff link). Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer or cooler.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking on the campfire or bar-b-cue.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
When ready to cook layer the chicken on top of the pineapple skin.
Wrap in tinfoil and cook on the BBQ or fire for 10-12 minutes.
Look at this chicken… it’s infused with the flavours of coconut, pineapple, curry and is beyond moist and delicious. My friend Stephan introduced me to this recipe and as a talented cook we are lucky that he shared it! Paired with this Rainbow Quinoa Salad it makes the perfect meal for enjoying while camping or sitting on the patio. Be sure to check out all of my Camping Recipes for more ideas and inspiration!
Our camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.