Hello my friends! I have been craving soup this fall. All kinds of soup! With a side of herb bread, soup is the perfect meal for the cooler weather in my opinion and so far my kids agree with me! #forthewin They may get tired of all of the soup that we have been eating soon but I am on a mission to keep it interesting and mix it up! That’s where this Leftover Thanksgiving Soup comes in handy…
Our Thanksgiving is in October here in Canada so after hosting Thanksgiving dinner last month I threw together this utterly delicious, simple soup! I love using leftovers in this way! This soup literally took only minutes to make. I served it with turkey / cranberry sandwiches on fresh herb bread. Best. Leftovers. Ever!
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover cooked squash
- 1 cup leftover cooked carrots
- 1 litre chicken stock or leftover turkey broth
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- Add first four ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large stock pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add curry and nutmeg.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Do you have any epic Thanksgiving leftover recipes? Please share!