This mason jar apple craft makes the perfect teacher gift!
We love to come up with gift ideas to show teachers our appreciation. This simple mason jar apple pencil holder makes a darling addition to any desk top. Let me show you how to make this cute craft…
We filled the mason jar with pencils but you could easily add a gift card, your teacher’s favorite candies or even a potted plant. Apples make the perfect teacher gift in my opinion! We’ve also made this Apple Bundt Pan Wreath, Apple Block Teacher Gift, Name Badge Apple Hoop and Wooden Apple Ornament in the past.
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Red acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Green cardstock
- Red bakers twine
- Single hole punch
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make this mason jar apple craft:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the jar red (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Paint the ring of the lid green.
4. Allow the paint to dry completely.
5. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
6. Cut two leaf shapes out of card stock.
7. Punch a hole into the top of each leaf.
8. Tie the leaves around the lid of the mason jar with bakers twine.
9. Fill with pencils or other treats.
Simply adorable right?! I love that this craft is easy for the kids to create and present to their teachers! One of my boys absolutely loves to give his teachers gifts and always remembers them at Christmas and Valentine’s Day. It’s the cutest!
One of the boys had a teacher named “Ms. Ball” and I totally would have loved giving this mason jar apple craft to her! She has since gotten married and changed her name so we totally missed the opportunity.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
What would you fill this craft with? My thoughts are that you can never have too many pencils in school! Whenever I am working, I can never find a pencil because the kids are always taking them. LOL
When you make one of these mason jar apples please share! I would love to see it <3
Today’s CRAFTWEEK post is sponsored by Mod Podge. Be sure to check out these other cute Mod Podge crafts: