One pan skillet meals are perfect for camping you guys! Do the slicing and dicing at home and you are left with a delicious, simple, quick meal to enjoy while in the woods. It doesn’t get much easier than dumping your ingredients in a skillet and sauteing until cooked. I love, love, love the combination of delicious flavours in this Mushroom, Green Pepper & Sausage camping recipe!
When camping my goal is always to spend as much time with friends and family as I possibly can. Creating delicious meals at home, leaving the prep work behind while on our trip, is my go-to way to enjoy as much of our holiday as I can.
How to make this sausage skillet:
All you need to do is cut up green pepper, red onion, mushrooms and sausage.
Combine your ingredients in a freezer bag and store in the freezer until you are ready to use. Easy peasy right?!
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags (aff link). Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking or dump onto a skillet.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
400g farmers sausage (I purchase Harvest Farmers Sausage from Costco and use two links)
1 large green bell pepper cut into strips
1/2 red onion cut into strips
200g of white button mushrooms cut into quarters
2 tsp seasoning (my favorite is Everyday Seasoning from Trader Joes)
1 Tbsp olive oil
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration!
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt (yikes!).
I have added all sorts of different ingredients to this Harvest Sausage from Costco but honestly, this is my favorite so far! I’ll be experimenting with a ton of flavour combinations all summer long so stay tuned for more one pot camping recipes. This mushroom & green pepper sausage skillet should definitely be added to your camping meal planning list!