Hello, hello friends!!! This is officially my first Christmas post on the blog this year! I AM SO EXCITED!! I think that this season is a favorite for a lot of people and I am no exception. I will be the first to admit that I have already started my holiday baking with these Candy Cane Brownies #forthewin! Today I have the cutest, easiest little Reindeer Embroidery Hoop Ornament tutorial for you…
I love the rustic simplicity of this ornament. It’s perfect for hanging from the tree or embellishing a gift with. What I also love is that you don’t need any special tools or obscure materials. Lets create a reindeer embroidery hoop ornament shall we!
Supplies (affiliate links):
- 3″ embroidery hoop
- 4×4″ piece of cream fabric
- red thread
- small needle
- brown yarn
- yarn needle
- red thread
- bakers twine
- Place fabric into the embroidery hoop and tighten the hoop to hold the fabric in place.
- Using the red thread and small needle, sew the red button to the material close to the bottom of the hoop.
- Draw antlers onto fabric using a pencil (or fabric pen).
- Using the brown yarn and yarn needle, embroider a pair of antlers onto the fabric above the nose.
- Remove the fabric from the hoop and straighten the image (if needed) in the hoop.
- Tighten the hoop and trim off excess fabric.
- Fasten a piece of bakers twine to the top of the hoop for hanging.
The texture and simplicity of this embroidery hoop ornament is just my favorite!