Hello friends! I hope that you have had the most wonderful holiday so far. I am excited to be back today sharing these amazing Salted Caramel Turtle Cookies and some of my favorites from Netflix this year.
These cookies are so good you guys!! Salt, chocolate and caramel are three of my most favorite things. Mixed together they create the most delicious cookie! These Salted Caramel Turtle Cookies were a new addition to this years Holiday Baking Exchange. My friend Tamara shared them and I must admit that once I tried one, I didn’t want to share them with anyone else! So here is the recipe to share or… not. Hee hee.
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg (separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 15 Kraft caramels
- 2½ Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- 3 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together first three ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Shape dough into 1" balls, dredge balls in egg white, roll in chopped pecans and place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Use thumb to create an indentation in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Do not over bake, cookies will seem soft still.
- Re-press indentations if needed and allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Add caramels and heavy cream to microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until caramel softens and cream is incorporated.
- Use a teaspoon to fill indentations with caramel.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Melt chocolate in microwave and drizzle over cookies.
It’s been a year full of baking and a year full of Netflix. I often pair late night baking with a few of my favorite shows on Netflix. And there have been so many good ones to watch! I tend to binge watch a whole series, one at a time. Here are just a few of my favorites from the past year…
Orange Is The New Black
So what have you been baking and watching? I’m always looking for inspiration…