My New Years resolution this year was a whole lifestyle change… no baby steps for this girl. So I have cut out a ton of the crap that I was eating last year and have been exploring more healthy eating options. This includes Spaghetti Squash! I mean, where has this been my whole life?!? Such a yummy alternative to pasta! Today I am sharing this delicious Spaghetti Squash Skillet that I came up with last week. It was SO good!!
You will need a whole spaghetti squash, cooked and broken into “spaghetti” like strands. I used this post on how to cook spaghetti squash as my starting point. Once you have the squashed cooked the sky is the limit!! Simply substitute the squash for pasta in your favorite recipes and you have a healthy alternative for the whole family!
- ½ cup heavy cream (optional milk or coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup asiago cheese, shredded ( or parmesan cheese)
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Cook bacon in a pan until crisp.
- Drain grease from pan and break bacon into bits.
- Saute spaghetti squash in pan until heated through.
- Add cream, cheese and cilantro.
- Heat to medium and stir until well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve with diced tomatoes on top.
This has been my favorite spaghetti squash dish so far and I cannot wait to try more! Having a meal like this is filling but doesn’t leave me feeling “over full” and bloated like a lot of pasta dishes used to. I can’t wait to share my January results with you guys. Changing my eating habits has been hard and will continue to be challenging but I love seeing the results already!