I have another quick and easy Holiday treat for you today! These turtle pretzels are so fun to make that my kids jumped in to help out this year. I love recipes that have simple ingredients and can be made with the littles. Let me show you how to make these turtle pretzels…
Tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
These turtle pretzels are so easy to make you guys! Simply cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place pretzels on the sheet. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Rolo candy. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes. Watch them carefully! You need the Rolo to be just starting to melt. Upon removing from the oven immediately press a pecan into the top of the melting Rolo. Allow them to cool down and voila! Delicious sweet and salty turtle pretzels!
- 25 small sized pretzels
- 25 unwrapped Rolo chocolates
- 25 pecan halves
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place pretzels on the sheet.
- Top each pretzel with a Rolo.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- Upon removing from the oven immediately press a pecan into the top of the melting Rolo.